Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
Rewards, Challenges Of Converting To Judaism
Jennifer Hanin grew up Catholic, but a few years ago, she replaced her Christmas tree, lights, ornaments and fake snowman with a Menorah and shabbat candles. She's the co-author of the new book Becoming Jewish: The Challenges, Rewards, and Paths to Conversion. She talks with Michel Martin about her conversion, particularly as the Jewish holiday Yom Kippur comes at sundown today.