Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
Rewards, Challenges Of Converting To Judaism
Jennifer Hanin grew up Catholic, but a few years ago, she replaced her Christmas tree, lights, ornaments and fake snowman with a Menorah and shabbat candles. She's the co-author of the new book Becoming Jewish: The Challenges, Rewards, and Paths to Conversion. She talks with Michel Martin about her conversion, particularly as the Jewish holiday Yom Kippur comes at sundown today.