Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm brings heavy snow to the region
- Closings and cancelations for Wednesday
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
Richard Hanna on the Campbell Conversations
Congressman Richard Hanna has been widely cited as a vanishing breed in Congress - a moderate Republican. The freshman is running for re-election in New York’s 22nd district, against Democratic challenger Dan Lamb.
In this election edition of the Campbell Conversations, he discusses his political positions and how they have sometimes created tensions within his party.
He also addresses Lamb’s criticisms that his moderate views are largely symbolic. Along the way, he demonstrates a willingness to be as critical of the Republicans in Congress as the Democrats, and asserts that on the big fiscal issues, both parties have staked out untenable long-term positions.
-Candidates in Depth