Most Active Stories
- Fireman's Association says leave the pyrotechnics to the professionals
- Severe storms kill 3 people in Madison County, damage homes, cause power outages throughout region
- Update: Five tornadoes hit upstate New York Tuesday
- How the weather service decides if a tornado touched down
- Red to green: Syracuse working to upgrade traffic signal system
Richard Hanna on the Campbell Conversations
Congressman Richard Hanna has been widely cited as a vanishing breed in Congress - a moderate Republican. The freshman is running for re-election in New York’s 22nd district, against Democratic challenger Dan Lamb.
In this election edition of the Campbell Conversations, he discusses his political positions and how they have sometimes created tensions within his party.
He also addresses Lamb’s criticisms that his moderate views are largely symbolic. Along the way, he demonstrates a willingness to be as critical of the Republicans in Congress as the Democrats, and asserts that on the big fiscal issues, both parties have staked out untenable long-term positions.
-Candidates in Depth