Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
More News From WRVO
Rick Bargabos Launches Campaign for Assembly Seat
By Ryan Morden
Oswego, NY – Republican Rick Bargabos said he is launching his campaign for New York's 111th Assembly seat.
He is Vice Chairman for the Madison County Board of Supervisors.
The district includes parts of Madison, Otsego and Oneida Counties.
Democrat Bill Magee currently holds that Assembly seat and has since 1990.
Bargabos said he can help bring in a fresh approach to state government.
"We are in the midst of a very serious financial crisis in the state. There is nobody there now that I can see that is going to ensure responsible government spending. There needs to be wholesale and mass change across New York," said Bargabos.
His campaign kickoff tour today includes stops in Oneonta, Cooperstown, Sherrill and Wampsville.