Most Active Stories
- Fireman's Association says leave the pyrotechnics to the professionals
- Severe storms kill 3 people in Madison County, damage homes, cause power outages throughout region
- How the weather service decides if a tornado touched down
- Red to green: Syracuse working to upgrade traffic signal system
- Tornado kills 4 in Madison County; thunderstorms leave thousands without power around region
Politics and Government
Robert Freeman on the Campbell Conversations
New York State Government has long had a reputation as a secretive and guarded place. Phrases like “three men in a room” come to mind. In this edition of the Campbell Conversations, Grant Reeher speaks with the man charged to make government more open and transparent—Robert Freeman, Executive Director of the State’s Committee on Open Government.
Freeman addresses the current status of openness in government, the challenges and opportunities created by the new communications technologies, and why New York’s workings are, in many ways, more open than those of the nation.