Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
Politics and Government
Robert Freeman on the Campbell Conversations
New York State Government has long had a reputation as a secretive and guarded place. Phrases like “three men in a room” come to mind. In this edition of the Campbell Conversations, Grant Reeher speaks with the man charged to make government more open and transparent—Robert Freeman, Executive Director of the State’s Committee on Open Government.
Freeman addresses the current status of openness in government, the challenges and opportunities created by the new communications technologies, and why New York’s workings are, in many ways, more open than those of the nation.