Most Active Stories
- New York's "local" beef, often not as local as you think
- Remington Arms' owner breaks silence on state's gun laws
- The WRVO MemberCard Thank You! Tour
- Seven years of spinning turbines have brought windfall to Lewis County communities
- Rally hopes to shed light on diagnosis and treatment of Lyme disease
Politics and Government
Robert Freeman on the Campbell Conversations
New York State Government has long had a reputation as a secretive and guarded place. Phrases like “three men in a room” come to mind. In this edition of the Campbell Conversations, Grant Reeher speaks with the man charged to make government more open and transparent—Robert Freeman, Executive Director of the State’s Committee on Open Government.
Freeman addresses the current status of openness in government, the challenges and opportunities created by the new communications technologies, and why New York’s workings are, in many ways, more open than those of the nation.