Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
The Roots Of Record Foreclosures
RealtyTrac is showing a 14 percent rise in first time default notices between July and September. It's the first jump after five consecutive quarterly declines, suggesting that banks are gradually addressing their backlog of foreclosed homes. Michel Martin discusses the causes and impact of the mortgage crisis with industry observer and history professor Beryl Satter.