Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
The Roots Of Record Foreclosures
RealtyTrac is showing a 14 percent rise in first time default notices between July and September. It's the first jump after five consecutive quarterly declines, suggesting that banks are gradually addressing their backlog of foreclosed homes. Michel Martin discusses the causes and impact of the mortgage crisis with industry observer and history professor Beryl Satter.