Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
The Roots Of Record Foreclosures
RealtyTrac is showing a 14 percent rise in first time default notices between July and September. It's the first jump after five consecutive quarterly declines, suggesting that banks are gradually addressing their backlog of foreclosed homes. Michel Martin discusses the causes and impact of the mortgage crisis with industry observer and history professor Beryl Satter.