Most Active Stories
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
More News From WRVO
Roswell Park Cancer Institute's Paintbox-Project
By Elizabeth Christensen
Oswego, NY – Many people will be sending holiday greeting cards to friends and family in the coming weeks. A slew of non-profit groups now offer greeting cards that support a particular cause.
This year, patients at Buffalo's Roswell Park Cancer Institute are creating cards that will help raise the funds needed for research.
WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen spoke with Kendra Smith, who was treated at Roswell for brain cancer as a teenager and whose artwork is featured on some of the cards.
Photos of the cards can been seen at www.paintboxproject.com