Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
More News From WRVO
Roswell Park Cancer Institute's Paintbox-Project
By Elizabeth Christensen
Oswego, NY – Many people will be sending holiday greeting cards to friends and family in the coming weeks. A slew of non-profit groups now offer greeting cards that support a particular cause.
This year, patients at Buffalo's Roswell Park Cancer Institute are creating cards that will help raise the funds needed for research.
WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen spoke with Kendra Smith, who was treated at Roswell for brain cancer as a teenager and whose artwork is featured on some of the cards.
Photos of the cards can been seen at www.paintboxproject.com