Most Active Stories
- Syracuse Hancock International Airport is looking west for continued growth
- Very contagious respiratory virus affecting children expected to hit central New York soon
- Keeping cool: how to treat hot flashes
- Contagious respiratory virus hits three children in central New York
- Environmentalists gear up for weekend climate change march in New York City
More News From WRVO
Roswell Park Cancer Institute's Paintbox-Project
By Elizabeth Christensen
Oswego, NY – Many people will be sending holiday greeting cards to friends and family in the coming weeks. A slew of non-profit groups now offer greeting cards that support a particular cause.
This year, patients at Buffalo's Roswell Park Cancer Institute are creating cards that will help raise the funds needed for research.
WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen spoke with Kendra Smith, who was treated at Roswell for brain cancer as a teenager and whose artwork is featured on some of the cards.
Photos of the cards can been seen at www.paintboxproject.com