Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
More News From WRVO
Roswell Park Cancer Institute's Paintbox-Project
By Elizabeth Christensen
Oswego, NY – Many people will be sending holiday greeting cards to friends and family in the coming weeks. A slew of non-profit groups now offer greeting cards that support a particular cause.
This year, patients at Buffalo's Roswell Park Cancer Institute are creating cards that will help raise the funds needed for research.
WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen spoke with Kendra Smith, who was treated at Roswell for brain cancer as a teenager and whose artwork is featured on some of the cards.
Photos of the cards can been seen at www.paintboxproject.com