Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
Rozum runs first campaign ad
Ursula Rozum, Green Party candidate for Congress in the 24th congressional district, is beginning to run her first television campaign ad in the final days before the November 6 election.
Rozum is running against incumbent Republican Rep. Ann Marie Buerkle and Democrat and former Congressman Dan Maffei.
In the commercial, Rozum is seen with residents of Syracuse and she speaks talks about the central issues in her campaign.
Rozum's campaign is spending about $4,500 to broadcast the ad on various cable channels. Rozum says it will be seen about 80 times between now and Monday.
While it's unusual for a third party candidate to air a television commercial, Rozum has participated in debates with the other candidates and town halls with Buerkle and has had regular campaign events.
Politics and Government