Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
Reflecting On Sept. 11, 2001
Sacrificing Liberty For Security?
Following 9/11, many Americans began wondering which rights they were willing to sacrifice to ensure that those terrorist events would never reoccur. Guest host Jacki Lyden speaks with human rights attorney Banafsheh Akhlaghi, who has spent the last decade working on 3200 cases dealing with post-9/11 issues. NPR National Security Correspondent Tom Gjelten also joins the conversation.