Most Active Stories
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
Reflecting On Sept. 11, 2001
Sacrificing Liberty For Security?
Following 9/11, many Americans began wondering which rights they were willing to sacrifice to ensure that those terrorist events would never reoccur. Guest host Jacki Lyden speaks with human rights attorney Banafsheh Akhlaghi, who has spent the last decade working on 3200 cases dealing with post-9/11 issues. NPR National Security Correspondent Tom Gjelten also joins the conversation.