Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
Reflecting On Sept. 11, 2001
Sacrificing Liberty For Security?
Following 9/11, many Americans began wondering which rights they were willing to sacrifice to ensure that those terrorist events would never reoccur. Guest host Jacki Lyden speaks with human rights attorney Banafsheh Akhlaghi, who has spent the last decade working on 3200 cases dealing with post-9/11 issues. NPR National Security Correspondent Tom Gjelten also joins the conversation.