Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
In Safety Email, Helpful Tips Or Racial Bias?
After a series of robberies, University of Akron administrators emailed students on how to react if approached by police. The tips: identify yourself as a student, don't run and don't get angry. Some critics say the email displays racial bias because it was sent only to black male students.