Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
Saint Of Death Gains Loyal Following In Mexico
As families in Mexico are preparing for Day of the Dead, shop owners are increasingly stocking their shelves with a sinister skeleton figure: Santa Muerte. She's not considered a saint by the Catholic Church, but she's still worshipped by people as diverse as middle-class housewives to narco-traffickers. Host Michel Martin discusses Santa Muerte with historian Robinson Herrera of Florida State University.