Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
Saint Of Death Gains Loyal Following In Mexico
As families in Mexico are preparing for Day of the Dead, shop owners are increasingly stocking their shelves with a sinister skeleton figure: Santa Muerte. She's not considered a saint by the Catholic Church, but she's still worshipped by people as diverse as middle-class housewives to narco-traffickers. Host Michel Martin discusses Santa Muerte with historian Robinson Herrera of Florida State University.