Most Active Stories
- Beginning of college marks transition period for students and parents
- North Country lawmaker, group, working to save Fort Drum jobs
- Syracuse University named top campus for LGBT students
- Classic midway prize missing from this year's state fair
- Teachout blasts Time Warner-Comcast merger, says she would stop it if elected
More News From WRVO
Salvation Army Needs Bell Ringers
By Alessandra Messore
Syracuse, NY – Economic uncertainty and job loss is taking a toll on the Salvation Army.
The organization is searching for volunteers to raise money for those in need.
Captain Kenneth Hayes says the Salvation Army is launching a major public relations campaign to find people to man the familiar red kettles.
Hayes says, unfortunately, there's also a greater need for funds this year thanks to an ailing upstate economy.