Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
Saudi Women Can Vote But Still Not Drive
Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah recently granted women the right to vote — but not until 2015. Only men can participate in Thursday's nationwide municipal elections. While some applaud the decree granting Saudi women voting rights, critics point out that women are still barred from many aspects of public life, including driving. Michel Martin talks with Ed Husain, Senior Fellow for Middle Eastern Studies at the Council on Foreign Relations, and Caryle Murphy, a fellow at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars. Murphy spent the last three years working in Saudi Arabia.