Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm to bring heavy snow to the region Wednesday and Thursday
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
More News From WRVO
Saving Seneca County's White Deer Herd
By Chris Ulanowski
Romulus, NY – A conservation group wants to save the white deer at the former Seneca Army Depot in Romulus. The unique deer have been fenced in for decades and redevelopment of the old army facility threatens the future of the herd which is estimated to number in the hundreds.
Dennis Money is chair of Seneca White Deer Inc. He explained the origin of the depot's white deer population to WRVO's Chris Ulanowski.