Most Active Stories
- New York's "local" beef, often not as local as you think
- Remington Arms' owner breaks silence on state's gun laws
- The WRVO MemberCard Thank You! Tour
- Seven years of spinning turbines have brought windfall to Lewis County communities
- Rally hopes to shed light on diagnosis and treatment of Lyme disease
More News From WRVO
Schools Must Have AEDs on Campus Starting Today
By Elizabeth Christensen
New York State – Beginning today, all schools in New York State must have Automated External Defibrillators on site.
When used properly, AEDs can help someone who is in cardiac arrest.
Dave Ernst of the State School Boards Association says while his group applauds the mandate from a safety standpoint, they wish the state had given school districts more time to find funding for the devices.
The state legislature passed the bill long after school districts had shored up their budgets.
CLICK on the icon above to hear more from Dave Ernst about the AED mandate.