Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
More News From WRVO
Schools Must Have AEDs on Campus Starting Today
By Elizabeth Christensen
New York State – Beginning today, all schools in New York State must have Automated External Defibrillators on site.
When used properly, AEDs can help someone who is in cardiac arrest.
Dave Ernst of the State School Boards Association says while his group applauds the mandate from a safety standpoint, they wish the state had given school districts more time to find funding for the devices.
The state legislature passed the bill long after school districts had shored up their budgets.
CLICK on the icon above to hear more from Dave Ernst about the AED mandate.