Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
More News From WRVO
Schools Must Have AEDs on Campus Starting Today
By Elizabeth Christensen
New York State – Beginning today, all schools in New York State must have Automated External Defibrillators on site.
When used properly, AEDs can help someone who is in cardiac arrest.
Dave Ernst of the State School Boards Association says while his group applauds the mandate from a safety standpoint, they wish the state had given school districts more time to find funding for the devices.
The state legislature passed the bill long after school districts had shored up their budgets.
CLICK on the icon above to hear more from Dave Ernst about the AED mandate.