Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
More News From WRVO
Schools Must Have AEDs on Campus Today
By Elizabeth Christensen
New York State – Starting today, schools in New York State must have Automated External Defibrillators, or AEDs, on site.
The device help those in cardiac arrest.
Dave Ernst of the New York State School Board Assocation says while his group applauds the AED mandate from a public health standpoint, they wish state lawmakers had given districts more notice.
The AED mandate passed the state legislature long after school district had shored up their budgets for the year.
CLICK on the icon above to hear more from Dave Ernst about the AED mandate