Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
More News From WRVO
Schools Must Have AEDs on Campus Today
By Elizabeth Christensen
New York State – Starting today, schools in New York State must have Automated External Defibrillators, or AEDs, on site.
The device help those in cardiac arrest.
Dave Ernst of the New York State School Board Assocation says while his group applauds the AED mandate from a public health standpoint, they wish state lawmakers had given districts more notice.
The AED mandate passed the state legislature long after school district had shored up their budgets for the year.
CLICK on the icon above to hear more from Dave Ernst about the AED mandate