Most Active Stories
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
Schools in NYS Must Have AEDs On-Site Today
By Elizabeth Christensen
New York State – Starting today, all schools in New York State must have Automated External Defibrillators on campuses.
AEDs can help save the life of someone who is in cardiac arrest.
Dave Ernst of the New York State School Boards Association says his group applauds the AED mandate from a public health stanpoint, but they wish state officials had given school districts more notice.
The state legislature approved the AED mandate long after school districts shored up their budgets.