Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
More News From WRVO
Schools in NYS Must Have AEDs On-Site Today
By Elizabeth Christensen
New York State – Starting today, all schools in New York State must have Automated External Defibrillators on campuses.
AEDs can help save the life of someone who is in cardiac arrest.
Dave Ernst of the New York State School Boards Association says his group applauds the AED mandate from a public health stanpoint, but they wish state officials had given school districts more notice.
The state legislature approved the AED mandate long after school districts shored up their budgets.