Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
More News From WRVO
Schools in NYS Must Have AEDs On-Site Today
By Elizabeth Christensen
New York State – Starting today, all schools in New York State must have Automated External Defibrillators on campuses.
AEDs can help save the life of someone who is in cardiac arrest.
Dave Ernst of the New York State School Boards Association says his group applauds the AED mandate from a public health stanpoint, but they wish state officials had given school districts more notice.
The state legislature approved the AED mandate long after school districts shored up their budgets.