Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
More News From WRVO
Schumer: Can the Spam
Washington – Democrat Charles Schumer will introduce legislation today that would impose penalities on those who send unsolicited bulk e-mails.
His law would allow internet users to sign up for a "no spam" list, similar to the state's Do Not Call Registry.
Violators could be fined up to $5,000.
The average e-mail user receives 1,000 spam messages per year.