Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
More News From WRVO
Schumer: Can the Spam
Washington – Democrat Charles Schumer will introduce legislation today that would impose penalities on those who send unsolicited bulk e-mails.
His law would allow internet users to sign up for a "no spam" list, similar to the state's Do Not Call Registry.
Violators could be fined up to $5,000.
The average e-mail user receives 1,000 spam messages per year.