Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
- No bones about it, Utica College students learn more than anthropology in Albania
Scientists hope to bring broccoli growth east
When two italian brothers popularized broccoli in America during the 1920s, they centered their production in California's chilly Salinas Valley. It's largely stayed there because hot weather,like New York's hot and humid summers, stymies the plant's growth. But as WRVO's Adam Wolfe reports, a group of scientists plan on bringing broccoli east.