Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
Scientists hope to bring broccoli growth east
When two italian brothers popularized broccoli in America during the 1920s, they centered their production in California's chilly Salinas Valley. It's largely stayed there because hot weather,like New York's hot and humid summers, stymies the plant's growth. But as WRVO's Adam Wolfe reports, a group of scientists plan on bringing broccoli east.