Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
Scientists hope to bring broccoli growth east
When two italian brothers popularized broccoli in America during the 1920s, they centered their production in California's chilly Salinas Valley. It's largely stayed there because hot weather,like New York's hot and humid summers, stymies the plant's growth. But as WRVO's Adam Wolfe reports, a group of scientists plan on bringing broccoli east.