Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
Seattle Mariners Outfielder Halman Stabbed To Death, Brother Arrested
"Dutch police say Seattle Mariners outfielder Greg Halman has been stabbed to death and his brother has been arrested as a suspect," The Associated Press reports from Rotterdam. He died earlier today.
Halman, 24, is Dutch-born. In the past two years with the Mariners, he appeared in 44 games — hitting at a .207 average, with two home runs and nine runs batted in.
According to his MLB.com bio, Halman played in the Dutch professional league and for his country's national team before joining the Mariners' organization.
The AP reports police said Halman's brother is 22 years old. He was not named, "in line with Dutch privacy rules."