Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
More News From WRVO
SEIU Upstate and Downstate Merge into One Union
By Elizabeth Christensen
New York State – New York's Service Employees International Union is now the largest labor local in the country.
SEIU 1199 Upstate and Downstate merged on Friday after a vote by members.
1199 Spokesman Marshall Blake says the union will give upstate health care workers more bargaining power.
He says the union will also have more collective bargaining power and political weight.
CLICK on the icon above to hear more comments from Marshall Blake of SEIU 1199.