Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
More News From WRVO
SEIU Upstate and Downstate Merge into One Union
By Elizabeth Christensen
New York State – New York's Service Employees International Union is now the largest labor local in the country.
SEIU 1199 Upstate and Downstate merged on Friday after a vote by members.
1199 Spokesman Marshall Blake says the union will give upstate health care workers more bargaining power.
He says the union will also have more collective bargaining power and political weight.
CLICK on the icon above to hear more comments from Marshall Blake of SEIU 1199.