Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
More News From WRVO
Senate Fails to Pass Ethics Legislation
By Karen Dewitt
Albany, NY – The State Senate met in a special one day session Thursday and approved Governor Paterson's choice to head the MTA.
But the closely divided Senate failed to pass ethics reform, and stayed away from other more controversial measures, including the state's budget deficit.
WRVO's Capitol correspondent Karen Dewitt reports.