Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
More News From WRVO
Senate Fails to Pass Ethics Legislation
By Karen Dewitt
Albany, NY – The State Senate met in a special one day session Thursday and approved Governor Paterson's choice to head the MTA.
But the closely divided Senate failed to pass ethics reform, and stayed away from other more controversial measures, including the state's budget deficit.
WRVO's Capitol correspondent Karen Dewitt reports.