Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Cortland among counties to pull out of SAFE Act pilot program
- Wegmans takes a stance on genetically modified food
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
More News From WRVO
Senate Fails to Pass Ethics Legislation
By Karen Dewitt
Albany, NY – The State Senate met in a special one day session Thursday and approved Governor Paterson's choice to head the MTA.
But the closely divided Senate failed to pass ethics reform, and stayed away from other more controversial measures, including the state's budget deficit.
WRVO's Capitol correspondent Karen Dewitt reports.