Most Active Stories
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
Senate Fails to Pass Ethics Legislation
By Karen Dewitt
Albany, NY – The State Senate met in a special one day session Thursday and approved Governor Paterson's choice to head the MTA.
But the closely divided Senate failed to pass ethics reform, and stayed away from other more controversial measures, including the state's budget deficit.
WRVO's Capitol correspondent Karen Dewitt reports.