Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
More News From WRVO
Seneca Casino Close to Approval
By Elizabeth Christensen
Niagara Falls, NY – The U.S. Department of the Interior is expected to approve a Seneca-run casino in Nigara Falls in the next few days.
The green light would be the last major legal hurdle the tribe must clear to open a temporary casino on December 31.
Several anti-gambling groups have filed lawsuits protesting the project, but legal experts say those suits will not pose a serious challenge to the casino's approval.
State and regional officials hope the Seneca Casino will be a cash cow for the Buffalo Niagara region. They also hope the casino will keep residents and tourists from crossing the border and gambling at Casino Niagara on the Canadian side of the falls.