Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm to bring heavy snow to the region Wednesday and Thursday
- School closings and delays for Wednesday
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
Seventh Try's The Charm For Hemingway Look-Alike
Originally published on Tue July 23, 2013 7:37 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene.
I mean, isn't it every white haired, husky, bearded man's ambition to look like Hemingway? Sure seemed that way at the annual Papa Hemingway Look-Alike Contest. The annual event was just held at Sloppy Joe's, a favorite Hemingway watering hole on Key West. The winner: software developer Stephen Terry. He beat out more than a hundred hopefuls, including the husband of chef Paula Deen. Those who didn't win, take heart, it was Terry's seventh try. Now that's one earnest effort.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.