Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
Seventh Victim Of Indiana Stage Collapse Dies; Families Try To Cope
"The families of those who were seriously hurt when the Indiana State Fair Grandstand stage rigging collapsed" on Aug. 13, are struggling with "a mix of hoping and coping," The Indianapolis Star writes this morning.
And now there's this news: A seventh person has died. The Star says that "Meagan Toothman, 24, ... died Monday after her family arranged to donate her organs. ... Toothman, a cheerleading coach from the Cincinnati area, had been in a coma at Methodist Hospital since the accident."
The newspaper adds that "although no specific total is now available, it's believed that as many as a dozen people remain hospitalized in Indianapolis and elsewhere. That's a dozen families dealing with such disparate issues as making hotel arrangements so they can stay close to their loved ones and pondering fundraisers to ensure medical bills are covered."