Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
-Nature of Things
In the Shadow of Captain Cook
John Weeks remembers the first great voyage of Captain James Cook and his oft-forgotten travel partner, naturalist Joseph Banks. He describes how Cook has received all the glory for the historical voyage, while Banks is known only to botanists and biologists.
Originally aired on March 29, 2002.