Most Active Stories
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
-Nature of Things
In the Shadow of Captain Cook
John Weeks remembers the first great voyage of Captain James Cook and his oft-forgotten travel partner, naturalist Joseph Banks. He describes how Cook has received all the glory for the historical voyage, while Banks is known only to botanists and biologists.
Originally aired on March 29, 2002.