Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
- No bones about it, Utica College students learn more than anthropology in Albania
Sharon Contreras on The Campbell Conversations
A little over 100 days ago, Sharon Contreras began her appointment as the superintendent of the Syracuse City School District. She inherited deep challenges--low test scores and graduation rates, and an austere budget climate. Following her "first 100 days" period of listening and assessment, she is issuing a strategic plan to improve the city's educational system.
In this conversation, she relates what she has learned about the district so far, and previews the emphasis that will be placed on establishing a core curriculum, and making investments in teacher and leadership quality--and she also addresses the budgetary trade-offs involved in those decisions.
More News From WRVO