Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
Sharp Rise In Homeless Children, Study Says
The rate of homelessness among kids has seen a dramatic increase of 33 percent since 2007, according to a new report from the National Center on Family Homelessness. Host Michel Martin speaks with Dr. Ellen Bassuk, president of the organization, and Mike Pomi, who heads a group that provides services to at-risk children in Nevada.