Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- No bones about it, Utica College students learn more than anthropology in Albania
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
Sheep Named After Rugby Star Predicts World Cup Win
RENEE MONTAGNE, host: Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne with news that a psychic sheep has taken the mantel of the late Paul the Octopus. Paul shot to fame in last year's soccer World Cup. Sonny Wool has proved psychic in rugby's World Cup. Choosing from two bowls of food, each with the flag of the opposing teams, the New Zealand sheep accurately predicted wins for his country's rugby team, including the final match with France, giving New Zealand the cup. Of course, Sonny Wool is named after the star of New Zealand's rugby team. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.