Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
Shipping Container Inventor Transformed World Trade
In the 1950s, Keith Tantlinger built a better box and forever changed the way global business operates. His take on the shipping container made it easier to send and store all kinds of products all around the word. Tantlinger died on August 27th, 2011, at the age of 92.