Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Cortland among counties to pull out of SAFE Act pilot program
- Wegmans takes a stance on genetically modified food
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
Around the Nation
Shoplifter Has Expensive Taste In Groceries
DAVID GREENE, host:
Good morning. I'm David Greene.
Here's a story about lobsters in shorts. Not wearing shorts. The lobsters were inside a guy's pockets. Police in Mississippi say the man was caught shoplifting at a supermarket. In his shorts: two bags of jumbo shrimp and two live lobsters. Police Chief Wayne Payne put it best: Good thing the rubber bands didn't break. The perpetrator prefers his seafood. Police say he also took a pork loin, but he threw that at employees.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.