Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
Around the Nation
Shoplifter Has Expensive Taste In Groceries
DAVID GREENE, host:
Good morning. I'm David Greene.
Here's a story about lobsters in shorts. Not wearing shorts. The lobsters were inside a guy's pockets. Police in Mississippi say the man was caught shoplifting at a supermarket. In his shorts: two bags of jumbo shrimp and two live lobsters. Police Chief Wayne Payne put it best: Good thing the rubber bands didn't break. The perpetrator prefers his seafood. Police say he also took a pork loin, but he threw that at employees.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.