Most Active Stories
- Syracuse Hancock International Airport is looking west for continued growth
- Very contagious respiratory virus affecting children expected to hit central New York soon
- Keeping cool: how to treat hot flashes
- Contagious respiratory virus hits three children in central New York
- Environmentalists gear up for weekend climate change march in New York City
Around the Nation
Shoplifter Has Expensive Taste In Groceries
DAVID GREENE, host:
Good morning. I'm David Greene.
Here's a story about lobsters in shorts. Not wearing shorts. The lobsters were inside a guy's pockets. Police in Mississippi say the man was caught shoplifting at a supermarket. In his shorts: two bags of jumbo shrimp and two live lobsters. Police Chief Wayne Payne put it best: Good thing the rubber bands didn't break. The perpetrator prefers his seafood. Police say he also took a pork loin, but he threw that at employees.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.