Most Active Stories
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
Slain Deputy to receive funeral with full honors today
By Staff report
UTICA, NY – Thousands of police from departments all over the Northeast will be in Utica this morning.
They will fill the Utica Memorial Auditorium and the street outside it, as a tribute to Oneida County Sheriff's Deputy Kurt Wyman.
Wyman died last week during a standoff with a man. The man has been charged with aggravated murder.
After the 11:00 a.m. ceremony inside the auditorium, Wyman's casket will be brought outside for a 21-gun salute.
He served in the U.S. Marines and is likely to be buried at Arlington National Cemetery.
The deputy is the first to be killed in the line of duty for that department. Wyman left behind a wife, who went into labor with their second child when she was told about the incident.