Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
More News From WRVO
Slain Deputy to receive funeral with full honors today
By Staff report
UTICA, NY – Thousands of police from departments all over the Northeast will be in Utica this morning.
They will fill the Utica Memorial Auditorium and the street outside it, as a tribute to Oneida County Sheriff's Deputy Kurt Wyman.
Wyman died last week during a standoff with a man. The man has been charged with aggravated murder.
After the 11:00 a.m. ceremony inside the auditorium, Wyman's casket will be brought outside for a 21-gun salute.
He served in the U.S. Marines and is likely to be buried at Arlington National Cemetery.
The deputy is the first to be killed in the line of duty for that department. Wyman left behind a wife, who went into labor with their second child when she was told about the incident.