Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
More News From WRVO
Slain Deputy to receive funeral with full honors today
By Staff report
UTICA, NY – Thousands of police from departments all over the Northeast will be in Utica this morning.
They will fill the Utica Memorial Auditorium and the street outside it, as a tribute to Oneida County Sheriff's Deputy Kurt Wyman.
Wyman died last week during a standoff with a man. The man has been charged with aggravated murder.
After the 11:00 a.m. ceremony inside the auditorium, Wyman's casket will be brought outside for a 21-gun salute.
He served in the U.S. Marines and is likely to be buried at Arlington National Cemetery.
The deputy is the first to be killed in the line of duty for that department. Wyman left behind a wife, who went into labor with their second child when she was told about the incident.