Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm to bring heavy snow to the region Wednesday and Thursday
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
So What Is The Salt?
Welcome to The Salt, NPR's shiny new food blog, brought to you by NPR's Science Desk. But it's not just any food blog.
This blog is about what we eat and why we eat it.
We'll be serving up culture and science, farming and business, along with a side of skepticism and a dash of panache.
We'll celebrate food, but also take a hard look at where it comes from, how it gets here, and what it does to us and the planet.
We want to know not just the good, but the bad and the ugly stuff, too.
At The Salt, look for things that will pique your tastebuds, make you smile, and sometimes, even spit.
We're also taking full advantage of NPR's multimedia talents, so watch for special photos, slideshows, and audio and video highlights that will enhance our stories.
So add us to your daily diet and tell us what you want to read about. Contact The Salt through the comments section or drop us a line at thesalt dot npr dot org. Follow us and all the great NPR food coverage on Twitter @NPRFood.