Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
Spam Familiar In E-Mail, Now Flooding Your Phone
Spam text messaging is on the rise — it's estimated that American cell phone owners received billions of spam texts last year. And they're not just annoying, they can be costly, too. Host Michel Martin speaks with telecommunications expert Ben Levitan about what consumers and cell phone providers can do to prevent spam text messages.