Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
More News From WRVO
Special Feature: Homeland Security and the Great Lakes
By Elizabeth Christensen
Oswego, NY – The Great Lakes are considered by many to be the nation's "North Shore."
But some, like Senator Charles Schumer, say the vast shoreline is neglected when it comes to issues of homeland security.
WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen investigated what is being done to screen individuals and materials entering the U.S. through the Great Lakes... and what the agencies responsible for security need to protect the public.
CLICK on the icon above to hear the full report.