Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Cortland among counties to pull out of SAFE Act pilot program
- Wegmans takes a stance on genetically modified food
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
A Special Visitor Alights On Coney Island
This week, a foreign visitor came to Coney Island, perching along the boardwalk on a sweltering August afternoon. To most of us, the grey-hooded gull would look much like all of the other seagulls that flock to Coney Island, but bird enthusiasts could tell this one was special. Host Scott Simon has more on the buzz among birders.