Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
Spiegelman's 'MetaMaus': The Secrets Behind 'Maus'
Cartoonist Art Spiegelman's epic tale of the Holocaust, the graphic novel Maus, was published 25 years ago — and changed everything about his life. He received a special Pulitzer Prize and became a contributor and cover artist for the New Yorker.
But Maus continued to haunt him.
MetaMaus: A Look Inside A Modern Classic, Maus is the story behind Spiegelman's signature work, complete with interviews, answers to many persistent questions and examples of his early drawings.