Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, New York – Governor Eliot Spitzer apologized to his family and the public today but did not elaborate on a report that he has been involved in a prostitution ring.
Spitzer made the brief statement at his Manhattan Office. He started by saying for the past nine years, eight as Attorney General, one as Governor, he has tried to uphold a vision of progressive politics that would rebuild New York and create opportunity for all. He said he has worked to bring real change to the state and will continue to do so.
Spitzer's wife, Silda, stood at his side, as he made the statement. They have three daughters.
(Source: Associated Press)