Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Cortland among counties to pull out of SAFE Act pilot program
- Wegmans takes a stance on genetically modified food
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
More News From WRVO
Squonk Opera at SUNY Oswego
By Mark Lavonier
Oswego, NY – Many students of the arts are taught a conventional set of ideas and principles in the hopes that they will be able to take the fundamentals into the world at large. For one SUNY school, students in the graphic arts, music and theater departments are being challenged to look beyond their formal training to create an original work.
With help from members of the Pennsylvania-based abstract performance group, Squonk Opera , a show is being created that will push the boundaries of creative thought and multi-media performance. WRVO's Mark Lavonier prepared this first in a series of reports on this effort.