Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
More News From WRVO
Squonk Opera at SUNY Oswego
By Mark Lavonier
Oswego, NY – Many students of the arts are taught a conventional set of ideas and principles in the hopes that they will be able to take the fundamentals into the world at large. For one SUNY school, students in the graphic arts, music and theater departments are being challenged to look beyond their formal training to create an original work.
With help from members of the Pennsylvania-based abstract performance group, Squonk Opera , a show is being created that will push the boundaries of creative thought and multi-media performance. WRVO's Mark Lavonier prepared this first in a series of reports on this effort.