Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm to bring heavy snow to the region Wednesday and Thursday
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
More News From WRVO
Statewide Sales Tax Increase Proposed
By Elizabeth Christensen
Buffalo, NY – Counties in New York State are struggling with rising medicaid costs.
One solution, proposd by Erie County Executive Joel Giambra, is to raise the statewide sales tax by one percent.
The state would then eat the cost of medicaid for the counties.
WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen reports that this proposal is getting mixed reviews.
CLICK on the icon above to hear the full report.