Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
More News From WRVO
Statewide Sales Tax Increase Proposed
By Elizabeth Christensen
Buffalo, NY – Counties in New York State are struggling with rising medicaid costs.
One solution, proposd by Erie County Executive Joel Giambra, is to raise the statewide sales tax by one percent.
The state would then eat the cost of medicaid for the counties.
WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen reports that this proposal is getting mixed reviews.
CLICK on the icon above to hear the full report.