Most Active Stories
- Adams company dominates the runway business
- Oswego revokes Brookfield's right to post warning signs along Oswego River
- Sleeping off the weight: new research on the relationship between sleep and your metabolism
- City vs. suburban divide apparent from future of I-81 surveys
- Peter Waite and Marsha Tait on the Campbell Conversations
More News From WRVO
Statewide Sales Tax Increase Proposed
By Elizabeth Christensen
Buffalo, NY – Counties in New York State are struggling with rising medicaid costs.
One solution, proposd by Erie County Executive Joel Giambra, is to raise the statewide sales tax by one percent.
The state would then eat the cost of medicaid for the counties.
WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen reports that this proposal is getting mixed reviews.
CLICK on the icon above to hear the full report.