Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
More News From WRVO
Statewide Sales Tax Increase Proposed
By Elizabeth Christensen
Buffalo, NY – Counties in New York State are struggling with rising medicaid costs.
One solution, proposd by Erie County Executive Joel Giambra, is to raise the statewide sales tax by one percent.
The state would then eat the cost of medicaid for the counties.
WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen reports that this proposal is getting mixed reviews.
CLICK on the icon above to hear the full report.