Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
Politics and Government
Stephanie Miner on the Campbell Conversations
This edition of the Campbell Conversations offers a wide-ranging discussion with Syracuse Mayor Stephanie Miner that covers both local and national political issues, and which includes discussions of the pension problem, ideas voiced in her recent state of the city address, and reflections on the conflicts within the city’s criminal justice system.
By any account, Miner has had a busy first term. She has sounded a trumpet on fiscal sustainability, wrestled with the city council over funding issues, tried to leverage change in the educational system, taken on a new role as co-chair of the State Democratic Party, dealt with deteriorating and vacant housing, publicly disagreed with a popular governor over pension reform—and watched over an escalating war of words between her police department and the county district attorney.