Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
More News From WRVO
Stress of war and a local soldier's story
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, New York – Much focus has been given this year to the deplorable healthcare treatment soldiers returning from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan were receiving. Most disturbing were the stories of soldiers suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. The Oswego County-area had its own personal story with the struggle faced by Joe Godfrey jr., a 24-year-old who suffered from PTSD when he returned from Iraq, only to be murdered months later as he struggled to get the help he needed from the US military.
WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher prepared this report on how the military failed to properly care for Army Private Joseph Godfrey Junior.