Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
SUNY Chancellor Address Student Drinking
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – The head of the State University of New York is encouraging students to stay away from alcohol. Chancellor John Ryan says excessive student drinking, such as binge drinking during pub crawls or off-campus drinking parties, leads to death, injury and sexual assaults.
The Chancellor is raising the issue this week as part of SUNY's Alcohol Awareness Week. WRVO's Chris Ulanowski spoke to Chancellor Ryan about the effort.