Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
More News From WRVO
SUNY Oswego's Squonk Project Searches for Inspiration
By Mark Lavonier
Oswego, NY – At SUNY Oswego, students from several departments have been cultivating ideas for an ambitious theater production which will involve various forms of abstract sound and media. During this process, students are encourages to attend art or music oriented events to become inspired and educated. WRVO's Mark Lavonier accompanied a student to one of these events, and delivers another installment of our journet with members og the Squonk Opera Project.
We'll continue to follow this highly creative effort in the coming months.
For more information, visit http://www.oswego.edu and search for Squonk. Or visit Squonk Opera at http://www.squonkopera.org