Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Education historian lashes out against Common Core during Syracuse visit
Supercommittee Reconvenes On Deficit Reductions
The deficit-cutting supercommittee re-emerges Wednesday morning with its first public meeting in more than a month. The group is charged with finding at least $1.2 trillion in deficit reductions by late November. If it fails, automatic, across-the-board cuts follow.