Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
Supreme Court Temporarily Halts Texas Execution
The U.S. Supreme Court has stopped a scheduled execution in Texas. The case raises questions about the role race played in the sentencing of Duane Buck. He had been scheduled to die by lethal injection Thursday night. Buck's attorneys asked the Supreme Court to intervene because, during the original trial, a psychologist testified that black people were more likely to commit violent crimes.