Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
Supreme Court Temporarily Halts Texas Execution
The U.S. Supreme Court has stopped a scheduled execution in Texas. The case raises questions about the role race played in the sentencing of Duane Buck. He had been scheduled to die by lethal injection Thursday night. Buck's attorneys asked the Supreme Court to intervene because, during the original trial, a psychologist testified that black people were more likely to commit violent crimes.