Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
A Surprising Trip Through Bluegrass Country
Bill Monroe a legend of bluegrass music, which has been played on porches and in homes for generations. He would have been 100 years old this year. On the anniversary of his birth, writer Jason Cherkis journeyed through Kentucky to see how the musical genre has continued to evolve. He chronicles his trip in this week's Washington Post Magazine. He speaks with Michel Martin.