Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
More News From WRVO
Sweetland pushes for nine-point plan
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, New York – A candidate running for Onondaga County Executive has announced a nine-point plan aimed at returning money to taxpayers and providing fiscal stability to county government.
WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher spoke with Chairman of the Onondaga County Legislature Dale Sweetland.
Sweetland is being challenged by Joanie Mahoney for the County Executive position. Democratic candidates, Assemblyman Bill Magnarelli and Ed Ryan are also seeking to succeed Nicholas Pirro who retires at the end of the year.