Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
Syracuse Opera director of music talks about "Nine More Operas"
Syracuse Opera has once again teamed up with WRVO Public Media to present Nine More Operas in 90 Minutes to the central and northern New York region. The tour will feature scenes from several timeless operas and musical theater presentations performed by Syracuse Opera’s newest resident artists.
WRVO’s Catherine Loper spoke with Douglas Kinney Frost, Syracuse Opera's director of music to talk about this unique program which encompasses a variety of genres from the classic operas of Mozart and Tchaikovsky to modern tales like “Sweeney Todd.”