Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Cortland among counties to pull out of SAFE Act pilot program
- Wegmans takes a stance on genetically modified food
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
Taking Diversity To The Outdoors
A University of Wyoming survey finds that 78 percent of visitors to America's national parks and forests are white, compared to nine percent Hispanic and seven percent black. Rue Mapp is trying to change that. She speaks with Michel Martin about her website 'Outdoor Afro,' which aims to educate African-Americans about the importance of getting involved with the outdoors.